- Reuters: Bi-Lo Holdings preparing to go public
- Bi-Lo Holdings to sell seven stores to Publix
- Bi-Lo Holdings acquires 22 Piggly Wigglys across South Carolina, Georgia
- Bi-Lo, Winn-Dixie announce 10-week price freeze on hundreds of items
- Bi-Lo Holdings to remodel 21 Piggly Wiggly locations under the Bi-Lo banner
NEW YORK — The Sweetbay Supermarket chain will change to the Winn-Dixie banner, which was acquired by Bi-Lo Holdings in 2011, according to published reports.
The Tampa Bay, Fla., Times reported Bi-Lo planned to retire the Sweetbay name next year. Kash n' Karry changed its name to Sweetbay in 2004.
The 72 Sweetbay stores were part of the total 165 that Bi-Lo bought from Belgium-based Delhaize Group earlier this year. The $265 million acquisition also included 72 Harveys stores and 11 Reid's stores, as well as leases on 10 former Sweetbay stores. According to the Tampa Bay Times, the Harveys stores will keep that name, but the Reid's stores will adopt the Bi-Lo name.