- FDA approves Plan B One-Step OTC switch
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- USPLabs agrees to recall and destroy dietary supplement following FDA actions
- FDA approves liquid form of enalapril to treat BP in children, adults
- Walgreens partners with Chicago Public Schools and city health department on Tdap vaccination project
NEW YORK — The Food and Drug Administration has approved a gel formulation of a foot fungus drug made by Merz Pharmaceuticals, according to published reports.
According to reports, the FDA approved a gel formulation of Merz's Naftin (naftifine), used to treat athlete's foot, known medically as tinea pedis.
A cream version of the drug is already approved, and the latest approval was based on two clinical trials of more than 1,700 patients, according to reports.