- Walmart, Walgreens, Supervalu join First Lady to combat food deserts
- Supervalu will continue to focus on value pricing, hyperlocal merchandising in fiscal 2013
- Pertussis vaccine offered at Albertsons/Sav-On pharmacies
- Dan Salemi to be named president of pharmacy at new Albertsons
- Supervalu sells 877 stores, reuniting Albertsons under one operator
SUNBURY, Pa. — Information technology vet Shirl Stroeing joined Weis Markets earlier this week as the company's VP and chief information officer, according to published reports.
Stroeing makes the move from Supervalu, where she was VP service management and operations support.
Stroeing succeeds Bob Mawyer, who departed Weis earlier this year, and will report to Scott Frost, Weis SVP, CFO and treasurer.