- Reuters: Safeway a target for possible buyout
- Report: Private equity firm to invest in maker of Organix hair care
- Reports: Bill to extend federal regulations for compounding pharmacies expected to pass House, Senate
- Report: High-fluoride paste found to help prevent white spots from braces
- Reuters: McKesson preparing to offer concessions to save planned acquisition of Celesio
NEW YORK — Living Essentials is planning to expand its portfolio into snack bars in early 2013, according to a Reuters report published last week. The low-calorie snack bar will hold off hunger for three hours, according to the report. The brand name of the new bar was not disclosed.
Living Essentials is also in the market for an acquisition. "The product itself has to be a slam-dunk," Manoj Bhargava, Living Essentials CEO, told Reuters in an interview. "It could really be anything as long as it's consumer packaged goods and it's a slam-dunk. What I don't want to do is sell nonsense because it's complementary."
For the complete report, click here.