- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- CVS' Merlo: Health reform to benefit business in 2014
- Target unveils contest to fuel innovation in health care
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
- Jim Spencer promoted to president of Kinney Drugs stores
SALISBURY, N.C. — Food Lion has revamped 178 of its stores and hired 800 new employees, the Delhaize Group-owned supermarket chain said.
The company said the stores would offer an improved shopping experience — such as faster checkout service — fresher produce through the "Fresh from the Field" initiative and cheaper private label products. The changes were made to stores in Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia and West Virginia.
Re-opening celebrations will take place at the stores, with free bags of groceries provided to the first 50 customers at each store.
Like this story? Find us on Facebook for more insight, analysis and the latest in drug store news. Join the conversation.