- GSK Consumer Healthcare launches '60-Day Kickstart' campaign for weight loss
- IRI's 2013 'Pacesetters' deliver healthy benefits, innovation
- IRI, SPINS partner on new natural, organic customer segmentation
- IRI: Government shutdown could have lasting impact on shopper behavior
- IRI forms strategic business agreement with Japan's Intage
GlaxoSmithKline’s Alli is back. And while the brand is still slightly down versus year-ago sales — Alli posted a sales decline of 8.9% to $13.9 million across all channels for the 12 weeks ended Nov. 4, according to SymphonyIRI Group — overall, the category is trending up 15% in quarterly sales increases. The recent resumption of marketing efforts behind Alli coupled with recent New Year’s resolutions should maintain Alli’s position as the top-selling diet-aid tablet, and the only OTC option in the category.
GSK in the last quarter launched a new marketing campaign behind its Alli brand, the company noted. “Our [new] campaign is called ‘Let’s fight fat,’” said Deborah Larsen, GSK’s marketing director for Alli. The campaign focuses on partnering with dieters on their path to weight loss, she said. One of the first changes made to Alli following its “relaunch” was a revamped web site at MyAlli.com. A second marketing enhancement new to Alli is its foray into social media sites like Facebook and Twitter.
The article above is part of the DSN Category Review Series. For the complete Diet Sell-Through Report, including extensive charts, data and more analysis, click here.