- Rexall taps savvy vet Kelly for top merchant role
- RediClinic upgrades Weigh Forward with Wellness Layers platform
- PharmaSmart, Rexall enter deal to integrate kiosk data, electronic patient records
- Hartman Group breaks down health and wellness consumer segments
- Sam's Club donates $1.25 million to expand YMCA health, wellness initiatives; retailer offers diabetes screenings
“Our goal here is to improve health care for Canadians,” Katz Group Canada CEO Andy Giancamilli told Drug Store News about the company’s new Rexall Healthy Living Pharmacy concept it opened in six of its stores across Canada in 2010. The concept, which borrows some of the design innovation and cache usually associated with the beauty category to better engage customers around health and wellness, includes more than 200 health information touch points.
Customers can get help from a specially trained healthy living adviser at the store’s Healthy Living Station; the Rexall Healthy Living patient interactive terminal allows patients to look up health information and learn about disease, prevention, OTC products and other topics; and a “hemocode” blood test can help patients identify foods that may be causing health problems.