- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- NEHI and Prescriptions for a Healthy America convene on HIT policy best practices discussion
PERRYSBURG, Ohio — Prescription vial manufacturer Rexam has a deal with Rx Timer Cap to adapt the cap to its vials, Rexam said.
Rexam said the partnership would help improve medication adherence. The Rx Timer Cap has a built-in LCD timer that automatically counts the minutes and hours since patients last took their medication.
"As the need to address adherence becomes more important in addressing rising healthcare costs, we are pleased our customers are appealing to us to integrate the Rx Timer Cap into their prescription filing operations," Rexam Healthcare VP sales and marketing Pat O'Connell said. "It's another example of our ongoing efforts to deliver packaging solutions that address industry issues and add product and service value."