- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- NACDS RxImpact shines spotlight on pharmacists' increasing role in delivery of healthcare services
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- Study from NCPA sheds new light on med synchronization programs
- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. A national network of retail community pharmacies has named a new manufacturer contracting director for a retail program designed to generate significant, incremental revenue for such businesses.
Pharmacy First announced Monday that Richard Salazar would join its Rx$hare program. Salazar will be responsible for all manufacturer contracts and programs under the Rx$hare program banner, which include market share programs, awareness programs, launch programs and Compliance Services, a direct-mail, patient-focused adherence model.
Prior to joining Pharmacy First, Salazar was national director of Rx and business development for AmerisourceBergen for six years.
"Clearly, with the retail pharmacy arena changing so quickly, we needed a person who knows the terrain and has contacts throughout the pharma industry. Additionally, we needed a person who understands the value of making and maintaining solid business relationships," said Brian Huckle, Wholesale Alliance/Pharmacy First CEO. "Our board of directors is excited about getting someone like Rick to join our team, and we remain extremely excited about the opportunities available for independent pharmacies, and the solutions Pharmacy First offers to them."