- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- CVS Caremark aims to help customers as survey spotlights ACA knowledge gap
- Kathleen Sebelius cites pharmacists' importance as Rite Aid CEO introduces Obamacare resource program
- Jim Spencer promoted to president of Kinney Drugs stores
- 'Well positioned' for changes in health care, CVS Caremark delivers strong Q2
ARLINGTON, Va. — The Retail Industry Leaders Association announced that Christine Pollack has joined the association as VP government relations, focusing on healthcare policy and serving as one of RILA’s lead advocates on core retail industry priorities.
Pollack previously served as assistant director of congressional affairs for the American Medical Association. Prior to joining the AMA in 2007, Pollack served as legislative director for Rep. Clay Shaw, R-Fla., overseeing heathcare, tax and social security policy for the senior member of the Ways and Means Committee. Earlier in her career, Pollack served as a health insurance specialist with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, and as senior legislative assistant for Rep. Jim Nussle, R-Iowa.
“We are thrilled to have Christine as part of the RILA team. Christine’s legislative skill and advocacy experience will add to our already strong government affairs team. Her deep understanding of healthcare policy will be a valuable asset as the retail industry works to address the challenges ahead,” said Katherine Lugar, EVP public affairs.