- Rite Aid posts $71.5 million profit in third quarter 2014
- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
- Rite Aid posts 1.8% increase in January comp sales despite tough flu comparisons
- Category management veteran Mike Cirilli joins L&R Distributors
- Rite Aid introduces interactive higi health stations across the chain
CAMP HILL, Pa. — Same-store sales at Rite Aid increased by 2.5% for the month of August compared with August 2010, the retail pharmacy chain said Thursday.
This included a 2.9% increase in front-end same-store sales — including 1.5% coming from sales related to Hurricane Irene — and a 2.3% increase in pharmacy same-store sales, offset by 132 basis points, due to new generic introductions.
Total drug store sales for the five-week period increased 2.5% to $2.4 billion, compared with $2.3 billion during the same period last year. Prescription revenue accounted for 68.2% of drug store sales, and third-party prescription revenue represented 96.4% of pharmacy sales.