- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
- Rite Aid posts $71.5 million profit in third quarter 2014
- Rite Aid introduces interactive higi health stations across the chain
- Rite Aid Health Alliance aims at strengthening patient engagement
- University of Georgia pharmacy professor becomes first appointee to Rite Aid-endowed professorship
CAMP HILL, Pa. — Rite Aid has become the exclusive retailer of a new line of home fitness products, the retail pharmacy chain said Wednesday.
Rite Aid announced that celebrity fitness expert Denise Austin's new Forever Fit line would be available at stores nationwide. The 33 products in the line, which range in price from $3.99 to $29.99, include yoga and exercise mats, medicine balls, exercise wheels, weights, push-up stands and others. The company said the line was focused on addressing the everyday health and fitness needs of people looking to work out at home, embodying an "active aging" approach to fitness to reduce the risk of osteoporosis and muscle strain, as well as increase cardiovascular and other health measures.
"Forever Fit is not about exhausting yourself in the pursuit of bulging biceps," Austin said. "It's a simple, easy and safe way to help reduce our little life pains, while promoting weight loss, improving cardiovascular fitness and enhancing your overall health and wellbeing."
Products are categorized according to the health benefits associated with them: balance and flexibility, heart health, fitness and support and toning and strength. Unique items include a balance board and deluxe walking kit.