- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- EXPERT BLOG: Provider status for pharmacists — one way or another
CAMP HILL, Pa. Seasonal flu shots now are available at more than 3,000 Rite Aid pharmacies across the country, the pharmacy retailer announced Thursday. The flu shots will be administered by more than 7,000 Rite Aid certified immunizing pharmacists.
Earlier this year, Rite Aid noted its intent to qualify more pharmacists for delivery of vaccinations.
Rite Aid also will host flu clinics at more than 800 additional Rite Aid stores in October and November. In addition to regular seasonal flu shots, pneumococcal shots for pneumonia also are being offered by Rite Aid pharmacists and at Rite Aid flu clinics. The pneumococcal shots can be administered at the same time as the seasonal flu shot.
Anyone who gets a flu shot at Rite Aid will receive a free coupon booklet that offers more than $100 in savings.