- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
- Rite Aid posts $71.5 million profit in third quarter 2014
- Rite Aid introduces interactive higi health stations across the chain
- University of Georgia pharmacy professor becomes first appointee to Rite Aid-endowed professorship
- Axe aims for world peace with Axe Peace, campaign
NEW YORK — Rite Aid recently was awarded Advertising Age’s Media Vanguard Award in the category “Best Use of Online Video for Customer Service” for its "Giving Care for Parents" original online video series.
Working with Fox Learning Systems, Rite Aid created a comprehensive library of online videos that offered advice and guidance on specific health issues, including dementia, diabetes, cancer and injuries due to falls, in similar tone and production quality to TV news show health segments, AdAge reported.
“There's no brand hard-sell (at most, customers are offered coupon opportunities); instead, the videos underscore Rite Aid pharmacies as an authoritative source of information on caregiving and aging,” according to AdAge’s report on the award. “Remarkably, the 116-video series addresses a middle- to lower-income demographic that is typically neglected in digital marketing initiatives. … Rite Aid's ‘Giving Care For Parents’ video series is sober, serious and utterly unflashy. Which makes it stand out all the more.”