- Shopping health and beauty online
- Rite Aid finishes tough fiscal year, but Q4 shows improvements
- Report: Amazon tests public delivery lockers in Seattle, New York retailers
- Study: National dollar store chain locations outnumber those of national retail pharmacy chains
- Rite Aid’s new loyalty program a major bright spot in tough Q3
NEW YORK — Rite Aid recently was awarded Advertising Age’s Media Vanguard Award in the category “Best Use of Online Video for Customer Service” for its "Giving Care for Parents" original online video series.
Working with Fox Learning Systems, Rite Aid created a comprehensive library of online videos that offered advice and guidance on specific health issues, including dementia, diabetes, cancer and injuries due to falls, in similar tone and production quality to TV news show health segments, AdAge reported.
“There's no brand hard-sell (at most, customers are offered coupon opportunities); instead, the videos underscore Rite Aid pharmacies as an authoritative source of information on caregiving and aging,” according to AdAge’s report on the award. “Remarkably, the 116-video series addresses a middle- to lower-income demographic that is typically neglected in digital marketing initiatives. … Rite Aid's ‘Giving Care For Parents’ video series is sober, serious and utterly unflashy. Which makes it stand out all the more.”