- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
- Rite Aid posts $71.5 million profit in third quarter 2014
- Rite Aid introduces interactive higi health stations across the chain
- Rite Aid debuts newly remodeled store as revamped beauty section sees sales lift
- All-star lineup of industry leaders gather for annual Industry Issues Summit
CAMP HILL, Pa. — Rite Aid has signed on as a platinum sponsor of the Entertainment Industry Foundation Revlon Run/Walk for Women, the retail pharmacy chain said Wednesday.
The company will sponsor the New York and Los Angeles events this month, fielding teams of runners and walkers, manning booths and bringing fitness expert Denise Austin to warm up participants, as well as partnering with Revlon to donate a combined $100,000 to the EIF in support of efforts against women's cancer.
The two-city event, now in its 20th year, is expected to draw tens of thousands of cancer survivors, patients, loved ones and supporters. The New York run-walk will take place in Central Park on Saturday, and the Los Angeles event will be at Memorial Coliseum at Exposition Park on May 11.
"I am honored and excited to be joining Rite Aid, Revlon and the Entertainment Industry Foundation at both the New York and Los Angeles EIF Revlon Run/Walk events this year," Austin said. "Though I'll be leading the warm ups and motivating runners and walkers, for me, the true inspiration will come from the crowd filled with survivors of women's cancers and their many supporters."