- The 10 products you may have missed at Natural Products Expo East
- FortiFX, celebrity chef Robert Irvine unveil new baked protein bars
- Report: Dietary supplements utilized as preventive health care can save health system tens of billions of dollars
- Abbott launches Glucerna Advance RTD to provide nutritional benefits for those with diabetes
- Pharmagen launches Warfarin-friendly multivitamin
ATLANTA — Private equity firm Roark Capital Group last week closed the deal on its acquisition of Atkins Nutritionals, a weight-control and nutrition brand. Atkins' management team, led by CEO Monty Sharma — who invested alongside Roark Capital in the transaction — will remain with the business.
Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
"We are very excited to partner with Monty Sharma and his team to help support the continued growth of the Atkins brand," stated Ezra Field, managing director of Roark. "Atkins is consistent with our strategy of investing in leading consumer businesses with strong brands, differentiated market positions and identifiable growth opportunities.”
Roark owns such franchises as Seattle's Best Coffee, Auntie Anne's and Carvel.