- Supervalu commits to fixing retail banners, reports positive IDs for Save-A-Lot
- Two Supervalu board members, both with Cerberus, resign in wake of Safeway/Albertsons deal
- Walmart, Kroger identified as leading retailers in providing opportunity to diversity business owners
- Walgreens gets top score among drug chains in Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index
- Supervalu names Jerry Storch chairman, succeeds Robert Miller in that capacity
MINNEAPOLIS — Supervalu on Thursday announced that Matthew Rubel has unanimously been approved to continue as a member of the company’s board.
Rubel had previously resigned from the position of chairman, president and CEO of Collective Brands, and, consistent with Supervalu’s governance principles, submitted his offer of resignation as a member of the board.
On June 28, the grocer’s board of directors unanimously rejected his offer of resignation.