- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- CVS Caremark showcases outreach program to help customers understand health insurance options
- Kathleen Sebelius cites pharmacists' importance as Rite Aid CEO introduces Obamacare resource program
- Helping independents compete in specialty pharmacy, Cardinal Health launches new suite of services at RBC 2013
- CVS Caremark's Merlo attends reception to accept March of Dimes Citizen of the Year award
WOONSOCKET, R.I. — CVS/pharmacy has introduced a program that allows pharmacy patients to receive immediate notification via text message when their prescription is ready to be picked up, the drug store chain said.
Order Ready Text Messaging, which is available on nearly all mobile carriers, offers text alerts in English and Spanish. Customers interest in enrolling into Order Ready Text Messaging can do so by speaking to a pharmacy staff member or visiting CVS.com/text. Standard message rates apply.
The new offering complements the chain's current mobile features, including the CVS/pharmacy mobile application, available for iPhone and Android phones, which has the ability to scan and order prescription refills to their local CVS/pharmacy (up to six prescriptions at once) by using the camera in their mobile devices and the CVS/pharmacy app.
"CVS/pharmacy's new prescription Order Ready Text Messaging program allows for easy prescription pick-up by letting our patients know the moment the pharmacist has completed their order," CVS/pharmacy SVP and chief marketing officer Rob Price said. "The introduction of prescription text alerts is the latest addition to our enhanced mobile offering and is designed to make filling prescriptions at CVS/pharmacy even more convenient."