- Yiayia approved: Kraft puts Athenos at center stage
- Tribe Mediterranean Foods' hummus earns recognition from Cooking Light
- Tribe Mediterranean Foods launches new hummus flavors
- Changing Channels: Holistix Natural Biscuits, Entenmann's bakeware, LabelManager and more
- Changing Channels: Dry-All smart-phone drying kit, ThinkEco modlet, BodyFit Yoga mat and more
WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. – Sabra Dipping Co., the country's leading hummus manufacturer, has introduced a new flavor of its Garden Variety Hummus — Asian Fusion.
Inspired by Asian cuisine, the new flavor of hummus incorporates the flavors of ginger and sesame, and is topped with crunchy carrots and peppers.
"Asian fusion was inspired by the ingredients of our classic hummus recipe — which includes tahini, made from sesame seeds," said Greg Greene, senior manager at Sabra. "We thought, what flavors compliment sesame? Ginger and green veggies, of course. And so Asian Fusion was born."
The Asian Fusion hummus will be available this month in stores nationwide, joining the Tuscan Herb and Southwest flavors of Garden Variety hummus that were introduced earlier in 2012. Sabra offers nearly 20 hummus flavors, all of which are gluten-free and certified kosher.