- Safeway launches 'at-the-shelf' SimpleNutrition program
- Conversocial tallies consumer complaint social media scorecard for U.S. retailers
- Safeway prepares to exit Philadelphia market
- Safeway partners with Avril Lavigne for annual Support for People with Disabilities campaign
- Safeway sales positive thanks to fuel, loyal shoppers
PLEASANTON, Calif. — Safeway on Monday named Lori Raya president of its Vons division.
In her most recent position as SVP main meal, Raya had responsibility for the company's largest portfolio of center-store business units including ingredients, beverages and snacks. She joined the company nearly 25 years ago as a clerk in the company's Denver division. Raya progressed through the retail ranks including assignments at the company's corporate office, and then as district manager at Vons and VP, retail operations in Safeway's northern California division. In 2009, Raya joined the perishable marketing team as a group VP, deli/food service and bakery and was promoted to SVP, with added responsibility for dairy/refrigerated and frozen food, before assuming her previous role in mid-2011.
"Lori's considerable breadth of experience running major retail units, as well as large perishable and non-perishable marketing functions within the company, make her an excellent fit for the leadership role at Vons," Safeway chairman, president and CEO Steve Burd said. "That combined with her exceptional track record of success has positioned her perfectly to run one of our largest operating divisions."