- Conversocial tallies consumer complaint social media scorecard for U.S. retailers
- Safeway launches 'at-the-shelf' SimpleNutrition program
- Safeway outlines three future growth platforms: Wellness, loyalty and fuel
- Safeway plans IPO for its Blackhawk Network gift card distribution division
- Safeway partners with Avril Lavigne for annual Support for People with Disabilities campaign
PLEASANTON, Calif. — The Vons division of Safeway on Wednesday announced a new program with Chevron to offer a joint Reward Points loyalty program. Customers who earn gas rewards by shopping with their VonsClub Card at Vons stores and their ValuePlus Card at Pavilions stores will now be able to use their Rewards for up to 20 cents off per gallon when filling up at participating Chevron and Texaco branded locations in southern and central California.
"Safeway listens to our shoppers, and we understand the importance of stretching their grocery dollars and saving at the pump," stated Mir Aamir, Safeway's president of customer loyalty and digital technologies. "By teaming up with Chevron, we're able to thank our customers with an innovative rewards program that makes these two frequent and critical purchases even easier and more affordable."
"We're confident new and existing customers will be excited to use this new rewards program, which teams up two quality brands. We wanted to offer customers the opportunity to reap the benefits and product offerings of both Safeway and Chevron," stated Cary Knuth, general manager of marketing, sales and services for Chevron Americas Products.