- Safeway launches 'at-the-shelf' SimpleNutrition program
- Conversocial tallies consumer complaint social media scorecard for U.S. retailers
- Safeway prepares to exit Philadelphia market
- Safeway partners with Avril Lavigne for annual Support for People with Disabilities campaign
- Safeway flu survey: Only half of Americans will get flu shot this year
PLEASANTON, Calif. — In effort to further its commitment to sustainability, Safeway's private-label Softly bath and facial tissue and Ultra Thirsty paper towels now are certified by the Forest Stewardship Council and the Rainforest Alliance.
Safeway's paper products earned the FSC seal by being produced from fiber sourced from suppliers who have been independently certified to follow the strictest standards in sustainable, ethical forestry management and production chain controls.
"With forest resources under stress, it is important we lead by walking the talk in our environmental specifications for paper and help drive meaningful sustainability improvements in the supply chain," Safeway VP strategic sourcing Don Davidson said.
For green shoppers, Safeway also offers a line of paper products made from 100% recycled paper.