- Safeway launches 'at-the-shelf' SimpleNutrition program
- Conversocial tallies consumer complaint social media scorecard for U.S. retailers
- Safeway prepares to exit Philadelphia market
- Safeway partners with Avril Lavigne for annual Support for People with Disabilities campaign
- Safeway flu survey: Only half of Americans will get flu shot this year
PLEASANTON, Calif. — Safeway's board of directors declared a regular quarterly cash dividend of 12 cents per share. The cash dividend will be payable on Jan. 13, 2011, to stockholders of record at the close of business on Dec. 23.
In related news, the retail chain's board also increased the authorized level of the company’s stock repurchase program by $1 billion to $7 billion. Through the end of third quarter 2010, Safeway repurchased approximately $5.2 billion of its stock and had approximately $800 million remaining under its stock repurchase program, Safeway said.