- Albertsons to acquire Safeway in deal worth more than $9.1 billion to Safeway shareholders
- Safeway confirms grocer is exploring possible sale
- Safeway names new Eastern Division president
- Reuters: Safeway a target for possible buyout
- Safeway awarded Secretary of Defense Employer Support Freedom Award
PLEASANTON, Calif. — Safeway on Friday declared a regular quarterly cash dividend of $0.20 per share.
The dividend matches what Safeway had issued in the previous quarter. Shares were down 19 cents for the day, closing at $26.69.
"The grocer has been a reliable dividend payer over the years, although it's currently burdened by a high level of debt and a relatively low reserve of cash," reported The Motley Fool. "The just-declared dividend annualizes to $0.80 per share. That yields just under 3% at Safeway's most recent closing stock price."
The cash dividend will be payable Oct. 10 to stockholders of record at the close of business on Sept. 19.
Are you a nurse practitioner or physician's assistant? Join our Facebook group to get all the latest news dedicated to delivering healthcare services to patients in retail pharmacy clinics.