- Conversocial tallies consumer complaint social media scorecard for U.S. retailers
- Safeway launches 'at-the-shelf' SimpleNutrition program
- Safeway prepares to exit Philadelphia market
- Safeway partners with Avril Lavigne for annual Support for People with Disabilities campaign
- Safeway sees sales, income boost in Q2
PLEASANTON, Calif. — Safeway has raised more than $9 million during its month-long prostate cancer awareness campaign.
"We are infinitely grateful for all of the customer and community support for a campaign that will help save the lives of countless men worldwide," said Larree Renda, Safeway EVP and chair of the Safeway Foundation. "Prostate cancer is the number one cancer killer of men. These contributions, one dollar at a time, are sparing lives by funding critical research and the absolute best treatment at the most renowned cancer centers in North America."
This is the 12th year that Safeway, one of the largest corporate supporters of cancer research, has dedicated the entire month of June to raising funds at its stores, production facilities and corporate offices for prostate cancer research.