- Safeway prepares to exit Philadelphia market
- Conversocial tallies consumer complaint social media scorecard for U.S. retailers
- Safeway Foundation donates $100K to Japan disaster victims
- Merlo: CVS Caremark positioned to 'effectively compete' in PBM industry
- Safeway launches 'at-the-shelf' SimpleNutrition program
ALEXANDRIA, Va. — Safeway chairman and CEO Steve Burd on Monday signed a Statement of Support for Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve, a Department of Defense agency, at a ceremony at the company's corporate offices in Pleasanton, Calif., ESGR stated.
"We are honored to reaffirm Safeway's support for our employees in the National Guard and Reserve," Burd said. "No other public service could be more important than providing support to our men and women in uniform."
"Supportive employers are critical to maintaining the strength and readiness of the nation's Guard and Reserve units and allow Guardsmen and Reservists the opportunity to serve our country more effectively and with greater peace of mind," stated James Rebholz, ESGR national chairman. "By signing this Statement of Support, Safeway sends a clear message they stand committed to their military employees."