- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Coalition of healthcare industry stakeholders address best practices regarding controlled substances
- Shoppers Drug Mart report: Allowing pharmacists in Canada to immunize could save lives, money
PLEASANTON, Calif. — Safeway on Wednesday shipped an additional 200,000 doses of flu vaccine to its pharmacies in the U.S.
"This additional quantity of flu vaccine will allow us to meet the needs of our customers to help them remain healthy this season," stated Darren Singer, SVP Pharmacy. "Our pharmacists administer the vaccine on a walk-in basis. The process is simple, convenient and affordable. We want all of our customers to have this protection."
To encourage customers to receive a flu vaccine and promote health and wellness, Safeway is giving each customer who receives a flu vaccine at a Safeway Pharmacy a coupon for 10% off their next grocery purchase.