- Safeway 1-of-15 employers receiving the 2013 Secretary of Defense Employer Support Freedom Award
- In wake of Sobeys' deal, Safeway reports 1.2% quarterly increase in same-store sales
- Safeway begins exit of Chicago market
- Reuters: Safeway a target for possible buyout
- Safeway awarded Secretary of Defense Employer Support Freedom Award
ATLANTA — Safeway has agreed to install SoloHealth Station kiosks across almost 700 stores as part of a multiyear agreement, SoloHealth announced Tuesday.
“Safeway shares our commitment of empowering consumers to take charge of their health,” stated Stephen Kendig, chief commercial officer and EVP SoloHealth. “We believe that access, awareness and education are keys to a healthy lifestyle, and we’re bringing comprehensive health and wellness services directly to Safeway’s customers.”
The SoloHealth Stations will be installed beginning in April. The stations are currently located in almost 2,500 retail locations nationwide, expanding to more than 4,000 by 2014.