- Jim Spencer promoted to president of Kinney Drugs stores
- On the heels of Q3, Walgreens outlines shift in front-end strategy and pharmacy tailwinds looking forward
- CVS Caremark's Merlo attends reception to accept March of Dimes Citizen of the Year award
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Countdown to McKesson ideaShare 2013: MiS to compile best thinking, new ideas for independent pharmacy
SCHAUMBURG, Ill. — Generic drug maker Sagent Pharmaceuticals has appointed James Hussey as its president, the company said.
Sagent said the board of directors' appointment of Hussey, 53, would be effective Monday. Hussey will be responsible for the company's commercial operations, including development, regulatory affairs, supply chain activities, sales, marketing and human resources.
"We are delighted to have Jim join the organization as our president," Sagent CEO and chairman Jeffrey Yordon said. "Given the growth trajectory we have experienced and our projected performance going forward, we want to provide seasoned leadership to our commercial operations while I continue to drive strategic development, develop partner relationships and investigate vertical integration."