- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- President Obama addresses health reform during State of the Union, industry responds
- New Albertson's buys five more Dominick's stores; names president of Jewel-Osco
- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
- SIUE School of Pharmacy appoints Lubsch to lead Pediatric Pharmacy initiative
SCHAUMBURG, Ill. Generic drug maker Sagent Pharmaceuticals has launched two injectable antibiotics, the company said Tuesday.
Sagent announced the launch of ampicillin and ampicillin with sulbactam. Ampicillin had sales of around $42 million during the 12-month period ended in June, while ampicillin with sulbactam had sales of around $40 million during the same period, according to IMS Health.
“The launch of these products increases Sagent’s anti-infectives portfolio to 11 injectable products in a variety of sizes, concentrations and packaging configurations,” Sagent CEO and board chairman Jeffrey Yordon said.