- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- President Obama addresses health reform during State of the Union, industry responds
- CVS' Merlo: Health reform to benefit business in 2014
- Target unveils contest to fuel innovation in health care
RALEIGH, N.C. Salix Pharmaceuticals announced its agreement with Novel Labs to settle its patent litigation over Novel’s proposed generic version of MoviPrep.
Pending approval by the court, Salix, Norgine B.V. and Novel have agreed to a consent judgment that will result in the dismissal of all claims in the litigation, which currently is pending in the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey. The settlement includes a sublicense agreement pursuant to which Salix and Norgine have granted Novel a license to the patents covering MoviPrep effective no later than Sept. 24, 2018. Under the terms of a separate supply agreement, Novel will manufacture and supply MoviPrep to Salix, providing Salix with a domestic supply source.
MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol) is a prescription medicine that is given to colonoscopy patients prior to the procedure.