- Sam's Club donates $1.25 million to expand YMCA health, wellness initiatives; retailer offers diabetes screenings
- Sam's Club offers free passes to military personnel, families
- PopShoppe gourmet popcorn debuts in regional Sam's Club locations
- Sam's Club to provide early flu shots, nine immunizations year round
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
TAMPA, Fla. — Sam's Club has signed a deal with Triad Retail Media to provide pet care information on its website, Triad said Wednesday.
The companies are launching Pet Central on SamsClub.com and are partnering with Louise Murray, author of the book "Vet Confidential: An Insider's Guide to Protecting Your Pet's Health" and head of the ASPCA's Bergh Memorial Animal Hospital in New York, to develop social media content focus on caring for pets. Triad said Pet Central was designed to provide pet owners with an interactive shopping experience through which they can learn about how to properly care for pets while creating a direct path to purchase and recommending products at Sam's Club. Meanwhile, customers can interact with Murray on such topics as teaching puppies not to bite, calming hyperactive kittens and properly boarding pets while on vacation.
"Dynamic, interactive and information-rich content centers have become a critical element of the shopper marketing strategy for retailers and brands," Triad CEO Greg Murtagh said. "With the new Pet Central, Sam's Club has built one of the most informed base of customers when it comes to pet care, which ultimately helps drive sales online and in-store. Triad is thrilled to be involved with such an innovative project."