- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
- Sam's Club to host free allergy and health screenings
- Sam's Club names new VP health care
- Study: Higher levels of sleep aid melatonin may reduce prostate cancer risk
- Study: Cough-cold manufacturers' voluntary label change on pediatric products reduced ER admissions
BENTONVILLE, Ark. — Sam's Club is offering free skin and weight screenings during the weekend, the club retailer said Monday.
Sam's Club said all of its stores that operate pharmacies would offer the screenings, as well as screenings for the effects of stress on both, on Saturday. The screenings include body mass index, blood tests for the stress hormone cortisol, weight, height, blood pressure and vision. The stores also will give away certificates for free samples of the probiotic supplement Align.
"As summer arrives, Americans are more focused on getting in shape and spending more time in the sun," Sam's Club SVP health and wellness Jill Turner-Mitchael said. "Sam's Cub is hosting preventive weight maintenance, stress and skin health screenings to help people prevent potential skin damage from the sun and understand the effects that stress and cortisol levels may have on weight and skin maintenance."