- Bitcoin gains popularity among retailers
- Reports: Amazon hopes to deliver packages by drone
- AmazonFresh launches new tool to revolutionize shopping list generation
- Intel survey: Patients ready to embrace personalized medicine
- Bitcoin payment service chief executive touts e-currency as federal authorities signal openness to it
PARIS — French drug maker Sanofi has entered a collaboration with Audion Therapeutics to develop treatments for hearing loss.
Sanofi announced the collaboration Thursday, which will utilize technology that Audion co-founder Albert Edge developed at the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary in the Eaton-Peabody Laboratory. Sanofi will have the option of licensing technology rights from Audion related to research conducted under the collaboration.
“Our new relationship with Audion demonstrates our commitment to work with partners on conditions with unmet and growing medical needs, such as hearing loss,” Sanofi president for global research and development Elias Zerhouni said.