- Walgreens firing on all cylinders as chain realizes a total comp sales increase of 5.4% for its first quarter
- Bloomberg: Greg Wasson joins thought leaders to discuss the state of health care in the United States
- Todd Vasos named Dollar General COO; former Duane Reade exec joins Dollar General executive team
- GSK, Walgreens launch Sponsorship to Quit, a free online quit-smoking program
- Walgreens' corporate operations VP tapped to lead health care for Boots in U.K. and Ireland
DEERFIELD, Ill. — Photo enthusiasts that shop at Walgreens now can enjoy same-day pickup for many of its photo gifts at more than 3,000 stores nationwide.
Walgreens customers can create their gifts by utilizing Walgreens touchscreen photo kiosks in stores (or from home at Walgreens.com/photo) and pick them up within the same day at their local store. The drug store chain said its new photo technology and printing systems produce high-resolution, color-rich prints that allow photo technicians to produce some photo gifts in as little as an hour.
Products now available for the same-day store pickup option include classic photo books, wall calendars, folded cards and greeting cards, posters, collage calendar posters, board prints, banenrs and more. Prices range from $1.99 to upwards of $19.99.
"With most online photo sites, people often have to wait a week or more to get custom photo gifts delivered to their homes," said Jasbir Patel, Walgreens senior director and general merchandise manager of photo and e-commerce. "Our new service allows customers to pick up these products in their neighborhood store the same day. For time-crunched holiday shoppers, this will be a valuable service."