- Walgreens partners with United Nations Foundation's Shot@Life campaign
- New Rite Aid group VP pharmacy initiatives and clinical services to oversee Wellness Ambassador program
- More than a dozen health information exchanges, service providers join Surescripts
- PhRMA report lists 271 vaccines in development
- Senate passes Drug Quality and Security Act
NEW YORK The Duane Reade at 57th St. & 6th Ave. in Manhattan is selling bottles of hand sanitizer from bowls mounted atop the stanchion posts near the cash registers. Though fears of H1N1 have not yet faded, the onset of the normal flu season still makes hand sanitizers an essential item, thus warranting their placement in such prime retail estate.