- Bayer boosts One-A-Day supplement portfolio with Schiff acquisition to the tune of $1.2 billion
- Schiff to change ticker symbol from WNI to SHF
- Schiff names former Bayer Consumer product development exec to R&D post
- Airborne launches chewable format
- Airborne adds a little pep to its line of immunity-boosting supplements
SALT LAKE CITY — A leading provider of immune support products has become part of Schiff Nutrition.
Schiff announced that it acquired Friday the Airborne brand GF Capital Private Equity Fund LP in an all-cash transaction valued at $150 million, subject to certain adjustments. The company said the acquisition positions Schiff as a leader in the immune support segment.
"Schiff is focused on building premium brands and leading innovation," Schiff president and CEO Tarang Amin said. "Airborne is a strong brand and will make an excellent addition to Schiff's portfolio, and we plan to leverage our science, innovation, marketing and sales capabilities to further its growth."
Airborne CEO Marti Morfitt said the brand has reestablished growth with a strong pipeline of new products and marketing programs and added that the transition to Schiff "[brings] great talent and resources to the business and share[s] our passion for building a leading immune support brand."