- CVS Caremark to stop selling tobacco in all store locations
- Report: NYC department stores revamping beauty as competition heats up
- GSK, Walgreens launch Sponsorship to Quit, a free online quit-smoking program
- Wahl extends 'Real Guys, Real Grooming' campaign
- Target unveils new Sonia Kashuk beauty for spring 2014
Judging by the numbers, the wobbly economy largely has benefited the men’s grooming segment.
As previously reported by Drug Store News, the economy has resulted in solid sales — and even a trading up — in such segments as grooming/scissors. For example, Wahl Clipper stated in late 2010 that its “shining star” has been its Lithium Ion grooming kit, priced at $39.99.
That trend appears to be continuing, as many grooming/shaving scissors are experiencing double-digit growth, according to the latest SymphonyIRI Group data.
The article above is part of the DSN Category Review Series. For the complete Men's Grooming Sell-Through Report, including extensive charts, data and more analysis, click here.