- Sears Holdings takes steps to improve Q3 performance
- Share of sales from Shop Your Way members grows as Q4 2013 comps have fallen, Kmart parent company says
- Kmart, Sears offer early online holiday shopping for Shop Your Way members
- Sears Holdings partners with FitStudio to offer reward points for walking, running
- Sears Holdings denies Sears Canada sell-off rumors
HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill. — A new system allows members of Sears Holdings' Shop Your Way loyalty program to donate the same way they would give to a wedding registry.
The Charity Gift Registry allows customers to purchase an item and donate it to a child in need in the store, through mobile or online. Items include sports equipment, yard games, puzzles, toys, art supplies and board games. Share Our Strength's No Kind Hungry campaign is the first cause to be supported by the registry. The group aims to end childhood hunger by providing children with healthy food.
"With more than 16 million children struggling with hunger in America, Shop Your Way is proud to launch the Charity Gift Registry by supporting this important effort," Sears Holdings EVP and president for marketing, online and financial services Imran Jooma said. "We know that many children who are hungry also lack other daily necessities, including educational toys, games and art supplies."
Like this story? Find us on Facebook for more insight, analysis and the latest in drug store news. Join the conversation.