- Sears Holdings takes steps to improve Q3 performance
- Share of sales from Shop Your Way members grows as Q4 2013 comps have fallen, Kmart parent company says
- Sears Holdings posts Q4 results, sees drop in comp sales at Kmart
- Kmart, Sears offer free 90-day memberships in Shop Your Way Max
- Kmart, Sears offer early online holiday shopping for Shop Your Way members
ARLINGTON, Va. — A top executive of Sears and Kmart is among the retail executives appointed to the board of directors of a retail industry lobbying group.
The Retail Industry Leaders Association announced Wednesday the appointment of Sears Holdings Corp. president for Sears and Kmart, EVP and chief merchandising officer Ron Boire. Other executives include CEOs of The Home Depot, 7-Eleven, Petco Animal Supplies and J.C. Penney Co.
"[Ron Boire]'s insight into the issues retailers face every day will bring added wisdom and foresight to this already stellar group," RILA president Sandy Kennedy said. "The contributions of this highly engaged group of retail executives sets RILA apart and allows us to continue to deliver big wins for our members."
The 2013 also includes Walgreen president and CEO Greg Wasson; Target Corp. chairman, president and CEO Gregg Steinhafel; Dollar General Corp. chairman and CEO Richard Dreiling; Walmart president and CEO for the company's US division William Simon; Whole Foods Market co-CEO Walter Robb and others.