- Sears names supermarket veteran Michel chief of food, health and pharmacy efforts
- Conversocial tallies consumer complaint social media scorecard for U.S. retailers
- Kmart targets Hispanic moms with online 'telenovela' series
- Sears Holdings taps former OfficeMax exec to lead grocery, drug and Rx business
- Kmart, Sears offer new mobile, online, layaway services for holiday season
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico — Sears Holdings is launching a Facebook page and a Twitter handle to address Latino consumers, the retailer said Wednesday.
Hoffman Estates, Ill.-based Sears Holdings, which operates the Sears department store chain and the Kmart mass-merchandise chain, announced the creation of Facebook.com/SearsLatino and, on Twitter, @SearsLatino.
"The Latino market is a vitally important customer segment for us," Sears Holdings director and general manager for international eCommerce Oscar Castro said, saying that Sears sought to create an engaging community for Latino customers whether they were in California, Latin America or elsewhere and regardless of which language they preferred. "Given its population growth and high adoption of social media, this is a natural extension of our online initiatives."
Sears is encouraging customers to share stories and ideas, provide feedback and learn more about Sears Latino initiatives while they connect with other Latinos, conversing in English and Spanish.