- Sears Holdings takes steps to improve Q3 performance
- Share of sales from Shop Your Way members grows as Q4 2013 comps have fallen, Kmart parent company says
- Kmart, Sears offer free 90-day memberships in Shop Your Way Max
- Kmart, Sears offer early online holiday shopping for Shop Your Way members
- Sears Holdings posts Q4 results, sees drop in comp sales at Kmart
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico — Sears Holdings is launching a Facebook page and a Twitter handle to address Latino consumers, the retailer said Wednesday.
Hoffman Estates, Ill.-based Sears Holdings, which operates the Sears department store chain and the Kmart mass-merchandise chain, announced the creation of Facebook.com/SearsLatino and, on Twitter, @SearsLatino.
"The Latino market is a vitally important customer segment for us," Sears Holdings director and general manager for international eCommerce Oscar Castro said, saying that Sears sought to create an engaging community for Latino customers whether they were in California, Latin America or elsewhere and regardless of which language they preferred. "Given its population growth and high adoption of social media, this is a natural extension of our online initiatives."
Sears is encouraging customers to share stories and ideas, provide feedback and learn more about Sears Latino initiatives while they connect with other Latinos, conversing in English and Spanish.