- Conversocial tallies consumer complaint social media scorecard for U.S. retailers
- Sears names supermarket veteran Michel chief of food, health and pharmacy efforts
- Kmart targets Hispanic moms with online 'telenovela' series
- Sears Holdings taps former OfficeMax exec to lead grocery, drug and Rx business
- Kmart, Sears offer new mobile, online, layaway services for holiday season
NOVATO, Calif. — Sears has partnered with Sonic Solutions to bring an online movie download service to Sears and Kmart customers. The new Alphaline Entertainment service, available at Alphaline.roxionow.com, enables the retailers’ customers to download new movies the same day they are released on DVD/Blu-ray.
Sonic is working with Sears on a multiphase rollout that includes making the service available from a broad range of connected devices and ensuring compatibility with studio-supported digital programs.
"Collaborating with Sonic provides a great opportunity for Sears and Kmart to launch digital services for customers seeking even faster access to the latest in home entertainment experiences," said Karen Austin, president of consumer electronics for Sears and Kmart. "We'll continue to increase the reach and flexibility of the Alphaline Entertainment service by providing consumers on-demand access to the latest entertainment from a range of home and mobile electronics."