- Adherence among chronic disease patients can lead to big savings
- Study: Hemoglobin A1C may not effectively diagnose kids with diabetes
- Rite Aid offers diabetes consultations, MTM with Diabetes Prevention and Control Alliance
- UnitedHealth: Cost of diabetes could be $3.35 trillion by 2020
- Link between diabetes, high-fat diet clarified
MECHANICSBURG, Pa. — Abbott last week officially announced the launch of Glucerna Hunger Smart nutrition shakes, pictured here at a central Pennsylvania Wegmans, that specifically targets patients living with diabetes. It's a testament to the opportunity in serving up products that will appeal to as many as one-third of the population, which happens to be the number of Americans who will be diagnosed with diabetes if current trends continue.