- Cardinal Health invites independent pharmacy owners to ‘discover new horizons’ at RBC 2013
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Kathleen Sebelius cites pharmacists' importance as Rite Aid CEO introduces Obamacare resource program
- Major trend for 2014: Personalization
- CVS Caremark aims to help customers as survey spotlights ACA knowledge gap
NEW YORK — A new line of organic energy sports chews has hit the market.
New Sharkies, designed to to be enjoyed by anyone who lives an active lifestyle, are certified organic by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, do not contain any artificial dyes and flavors, and are free of fat, gluten, wheat, nuts and dairy. Each snack are designed to replenish what's lost during exercise by touting 110 mg sodium, 30 mg potassium, and 36 g total carbohydrates per serving. the company said.
Sharkies are available in Berry Blast, Fruit Splash, Citrus Squeeze and Watermelon Scream flavors for a suggested retail price of $1.39.
Sharkies also includes a line for kids: organic fruit chews, packed with 100% daily value of vitamin C and contain no artificial dyes or flavors, as well as Sharkies Omega-3 Smart Twists, which give kids essential omega-3s in a twisted rope and touts an equivalent to a serving of fruit and packed with 100% daily value of vitamin C.
Sharkies organic fruit chews are available in Berry Bites and Fruit Splash flavors, while the Sharkies Omega-3 Smart Twists are available in Berry Surf and Tropical Wave varieties. Both of the kids' snacks carry an SRP of $3.99.
"Every athlete looks for something different when it comes to sports nutrition," Sharkies director of marketing Anthony Trani said. "And whether they're training for their first 5k race or their second marathon of the year, one thing is certain — they care about what they put in their body — and we're happy to be able to offer the clean fuel that helps them get to their goal."