- Supervalu commits to fixing retail banners, reports positive IDs for Save-A-Lot
- The 10 products you may have missed at Natural Products Expo East
- Supervalu launches fleet of natural gas-powered trucks out of Virginia
- McKesson names industry veterans Chris Dimos, Melanie Nallicheri to SVP roles
- Two Supervalu board members, both with Cerberus, resign in wake of Safeway/Albertsons deal
WEST BRIDGEWATER, Mass. The Greater Boston Food Bank has named Shaw’s Supermarkets its 2010 food donor of the year, Shaw’s said Friday.
Shaw’s, a banner owned by Minneapolis-based Supervalu, will be honored at the food bank’s appreciation luncheon, and also announced that it had donated $150,000 to food banks throughout New England.
“Shaw’s Supermarkets is a wonderful and generous partner in the fight to end hunger,” Greater Boston Food Bank president and CEO Catherine D’Amato said. “We need many people to assist us in feeding people in need, and Shaw’s has shown through its actions that it is dedicated to hunger relief.”