- Pharmacists engage with patients in campaign for improved nutrition
- Walmart, Walgreens, Supervalu join First Lady to combat food deserts
- FDA approves Merck's Gardasil for prevention of anal cancer
- Walgreens launches environmentally friendly store brand Ology, formulated free of 'harmful chemicals'
- The essential value of HIEs in delivering patient-centered pharmacy care
NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Mars Petcare will use responsible sourcing of fish for its fish-based Sheba product lines, the company said Monday.
The company said it plans to use only sustainably sourced fish by 2020, offering only fish that are farmed or wild-caught from environmentally sustainable sources. The new sourcing program is based on the Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch program sourcing recommendations.
"As the world's leading pet care company, we understand the importance of our ingredient sourcing choices and how they can make a positive impact on the environment," Mars Petcare U.S. marketing services director Tina Garcia said. "By using responsibly sourced fish for our Sheba Entrees, we have made it easy for pet owners to shop with confidence and to reward the most environmentally responsible fishing practices."