- Walmart Foundation’s Colorado State Giving Program awards $321,000 to eight nonprofits
- UrgentRx partners with Denver-area sports franchises to be 'Official Sponsor of Game Day Relief'
- Pharmaca weathers record Colorado flooding
- Snuggle and ‘all receive new additions
- Colorado's Centura Health and Walgreens announce coordinated and expanded healthcare services
BOULDER, Colo. — A Colorado-based company has introduced a combination vending machine-refrigerator, the company said Wednesday.
ShelfX announced the availability of the Vending Fridge, which allows customers to download an app to their mobile device and use it to scan a QR code and purchase refrigerated products, such as drinks and food. Scanning the QR code prompts the app to download, allowing the customer to create an account and enter payment information; scanning the code again unlocks the fridge.
To prevent somebody from simply clearing out the contents, the fridge employs ShelfX's "Smart Shelf" technology to keep track of the exact quantities and types of products stored inside and detect when customers remove or return them. It then uses wireless technology to automate billing.
The fully assembled fridge costs $599, while a do-it-yourself kit costs $299.