- Canada's Shoppers Drug Mart posts Q4 results
- ROUNDTABLE: Pharmacy’s future in sync with technology
- President Obama addresses health reform during State of the Union, industry responds
- Walgreens expanding scope of retail pharmacy experience and services heading into fiscal 2014
- Shoppers Drug Mart, Beyond the Rack offering Shoppers Optimum members new online experience
TORONTO — Canadian pharmacy retailer Shoppers Drug Mart has announced that the Supreme Court of Canada has upheld the Dec. 23, 2011, decision of the Court of Appeal of Ontario that restored the prohibition on private-label generic drug products in the Province of Ontario, which was subsequent to a decision of the Ontario Divisional Court dated Feb. 3, 2011, that declared the regulatory restrictions in respect of private-label generic drug products to be invalid.
The company stated that while it respects the decision of the Supreme Court of Canada, it is disappointed with the outcome.
Shoppers Drug Mart has more than 1,246 Shoppers Drug Mart and Pharmaprix stores operating in each province and two territories.