- Supervalu now features Stayhealthy HealthCENTER Kiosks
- Supervalu commits to fixing retail banners, reports positive IDs for Save-A-Lot
- Supervalu reorganizes independent business unit
- Two Supervalu board members, both with Cerberus, resign in wake of Safeway/Albertsons deal
- Supervalu launches fleet of natural gas-powered trucks out of Virginia
BOWIE, Md. — Shoppers Food & Pharmacy on Tuesday announced that its bid to purchase a Superfresh store in Ellicott City, Md., was approved by the court handling the ongoing A&P bankruptcy proceedings.
"We are excited to become part of the Ellicott City community," Shoppers president Tim Lowe said. "We're looking forward to serving our new neighbors and friends with a special local focus that can come only from a neighborhood grocer."
Now that the deal has been approved, Shoppers expects to take possession of the store on July 7. The store pharmacy will open on July 7, and the store is scheduled to reopen to the public by July 17.
Shoppers is planning to remodel the store during the summer and will host a grand reopening celebration later this year.
Shoppers is part of the Supervalu family of grocery stores.